Surface RTD Temperature Probe (902550)
- For temperatures from -50 to +120 °C
- As a pipe-mounted probe or surface probe
- For round and flat surfaces
- Simple and quick installation
- Low thermal mass
- Good thermal transfer from the measuring point to the sensor
- Circular surface probes for temperature measurements on closed pipe systems or on other round surfaces
- Surface probes for temperature measurements on level surfaces
Surface RTD temperature probes are the preferred choice for measuring temperatures on closed pipe systems and/or other round or level surfaces. The probes can be installed with ease using tightening bands or cable ties so that mechanical modification of the measuring location does not need to take place.
The indirect method of temperature measurement avoids disruption of the medium flow. Additionally, the operating life of the RTD temperature probe is not shortened by the effects of either pressure or chemicals.
The low thermal mass of the probe means that it has very little influence on the measured object. Heat-conducting paste is available to improve heat transfer. Large differences in temperature between the measurement medium and the surrounding environment will directly influence the measurement. In such cases, additional insulation around the sensor is recommendable.
Per default, the measuring insert is fitted with a Pt100 temperature sensor according to DIN EN 60751, class B in a two-wire circuit; versions with Pt500 or Pt1000 are also available. The product range is rounded off by a pipe contact probe with a large cable socket (basic type 902554/44). It is available with an analog transmitter as an optional extra.